A recent article, Top 4 Resources for Veterans Who Want to Start a Small Business by Hiscox Blog says that for many veterans, life after an active duty is a great chance to join the private sector—the business world. However, the transition to civilian business life isn’t always easy.
Fortunately, there are some resources available to help veterans start their own businesses.
- SBA- Small Business Administration
SBA offers programs like entrepreneurial training programs, financing and workshops on government contracting opportunities. Any veteran who wants to start a small business in a coworking office space should visit SBA. Find your local Veterans Business Outreach Center for assistance.
- ACP- American Corporate Partners
ACP is committed to helping veterans in their transition from the armed services to the private workforce. It provides tools for long-term career development through mentoring, career counseling, and networking opportunities.
- SCORE Veteran Fast Launch Initiative
It provides free access to a highly experienced mentor to help you start a business as well as free or considerably reduced resources, like computer software, that can assist you run your business.
- OSDBU-The Veterans Affairs Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
The office has several resources that veterans should take advantage of including:
- gov – this is the VA portal through which your small businesses can be certified as veteran-owned, starting your company up to a wide variety of benefits.
- Direct Action Program – works to ensure that Veteran-owned and other small businesses are ready to compete for and gain new business with the federal government and commercial corporations.
- Opportunity Show Case –helps the small business owners gain a better understanding of the industry vision of future opportunities provided by VA and other Federal agencies.
Launching a small business for veterans is made easy by these top four resources. If you’re looking for a place to start your own business, YourOffice can be your partner in launching your business. YourOffice offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: virtual office space, meeting room access, and coworking office space. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.
Are you a veteran? Would you like to start your own business? Feel free to share your comments and questions below. You can also visit us on Facebook and Twitter.