A recent article, 4 Easy Tips to Beat Google’s Mobile-First Index by Adam Frankel says that the majority of consumers are now using smartphones, thus it requires mobile-friendly individual pages aside from a mobile-friendly website. With this shift, Google’s indexing priority will be mobile-optimized pages.
Here are four tips to adjust your web pages to the change in indexing.
1. Mobile-friendly configuration.
2. Get rid of clutter.
3. Localize user-friendly mobile pages.
4. New snippets
- Choose dynamic serving where the URLs will be the same, but the HTML copy will adjust to the device being used so mobile users download a smaller version of the original content which makes loading faster.
- Don’t use robots.txt file, signaling to Google that individual pages are optimized for mobile, and a rich user-experience.
- Pop-ups: These are annoying and mobile users usually face difficulty locating the close button icon.
- Unintentional taps: Fix scrolling hiccups and simplify the layout to avoid accidental taps.
- Large images: Use compression software to resize the image.
- Codes and pages: Eliminate unnecessary codes and doorway pages that can trigger unnecessary redirects.
- Include the state, city and zip code info in the title tag.
- All tags and all other meta tags should have city information.
- All pages should have business contact info (e.g. address, phone, fax and email).
- For various locations, the contact details must vary while the content should be the same.
Google is updating and tailoring featured snippets for mobile users. As a business, anticipate that people search using names of areas and places. Optimize your site by targeting areas and places to make it look mobile-friendly.
Following these tips will prepare you on your way to a properly mobile optimized site. While preparing your business to beat Google’s Mobile-First Index, you might also be looking for furnished offices for rent in Lake Mary; YourOffice Lake Mary features a network of world-class business addresses. Each location offers both beautifully appointed Lake Mary short term offices and Lake Mary individual office space. Our offices are move-in ready and equipped with top furnishings and technology that are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
Are you ready to beat the Google’s Mobile-First Index? Let’s hear your thoughts. Feel free to visit us also in Twitter and Facebook.