Simple Office Rules You Should Not Ignore
A recent article, 15 office rules no one tells you by Sophie Hirsh describes the office as our second home where we all work and share eight hours or more every day. However, there are simple rules that we should not forget in order to maintain harmony in the workplace.
Here are some simple do’s and don’ts that you should observe to maintain professionalism and decency in the workplace.
- Wash your plate after eating, otherwise just throw it away if you are planning to leave it in the sink.
- Reboot your desktop before reaching out to technical support.
- Let your coworkers in executive suites Philly know that you care about them, leave treats on their desks or thoughtful notes. Sharing is the key.
- Treat your desk like your own territory and keep it clean, decorate it just like a small office space Philly.
- Say “Hi!” or smile every time you pass someone in the lobby.
- Hold your query until the end of the meeting.
- DON’T take your shoes off. Don’t walk around the office barefooted, it’s awkward.
- DON’T let your coworker wait for so long when you’re both in the bathroom, be considerate.
- DON’T reheat fish in the microwave or else you will make the whole office fishy, be sensitive.
- DON’T give a high-five to your CEO unless your CEO initiates a high-five, be respectful.
- DON’T block the water dispenser so other people can fill their cups too, be kind.
- DON’T burp aloud at your desk, it may distract and annoy other coworkers, keep composed.
These reminders might be simple and somewhat funny, yet you can’t deny they have great impact in the workplace. Looking for an awesome workspace? YourOffice has come alongside hundreds of business looking for everything from plug and play offices to full service virtual offices. We know your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different. Let us match the perfect space or service to fit your business needs.
Anything to add to this story? Let’s see in the comments. Visit us also in Facebook and Twitter.