A recent article, 50 Ways to Make Your Business Greener This Year by Annie Pilon says that there are countless ways to improve your business practices and to be an eco-friendly company at the same time.
Here are several tips to be greener at work this year 2017 and beyond.
- Whether you work in a regular office or at home, use natural light to help you save electricity. For instance, designing office space where tables are near the windows will help you use less artificial light and heat.
- Instead of printing bank and other billing statements, go for paperless billing so you get statements thru email.
- Identify which documents are absolutely necessary for printing and save other documents to the cloud.
- If it’s possible, implementing a four-day work week, or allowing your employees to work remotely a few days a week from their home or rent office space by the hour near them to cut down on their commutes.
- Look for conference rooms for rent that facilitate web/ video meetings so you can conduct online meetings whenever possible instead of traveling to a certain place to meet people.
- You can trim down your expenses by working with your team online or using coworking offices.
- Turn off, put on hibernate mode or unplug computers/electronics when not in use.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and adjust your thermostat according to weather/climate.
- Ask government agencies who offer free or low-cost energy audits to visit your business and tell you where you are wasting energy.
- Encourage team members to carpool to work cutting down on the cost of gas and reduce fuel emissions.
- Consider a green activity like cleaning up a local park or planting a tree to build teamwork and give back to the community.
These tips are helpful to implement a greener and more environmentally friendly business. Looking for workspace solutions in Philly to conserve your resources? YourOffice Philadelphia offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: small office space Philadelphia, executive suites Philadelphia and meeting space Philadelphia. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.
How can you promote an eco-friendly business? Feel free to share your thoughts. You can also see us on Twitter and Google Plus.