Working day after day in a drab, sterile office space is far from the ideal work environment for creative minds. You can give your workspace personality and still remain professional, all you need to do is add a few personal touches that inspire your creativity and make you smile.
Below are some examples of playful and unique office supplies that can brighten up your workspace and your day. Check out Office Playground for more options.
For the Nature-Lover
- Otter Tape Dispenser-an adorable otter floats on his back and holds a roll of tape. The end of his tail is used to quickly cut off pieces of tape.
- Beaver Pencil Sharpener-If your pencil needs sharpening, this little critter is happy to oblige.
- Toadstool Date Stamp-Why write in the date, when you can stamp it? This whimsical little stamper can save you time and make paperwork a little less boring.
- Desktop Water Fountain-The sound of a fountain is a soothing addition to a busy workplace. Check out all the options here.
For the Young at Heart
- Balance Mobile-These sleek, silver sculptures blend fun, science, and sophistication.
- Paperweight Planetary-Creative paperweights make a great desk decor piece because they serve a function, instead of just taking up space. This paperweight displays a 3-D solar system, but if a mini-planetarium isn’t your style, they have more to choose from here.
- Basketball Hoop-If you need a quick break from work, take a few shots…with your mini basketball. This hoop can stick to a wall, door, filing cabinet, your coworkers cubicle. If you hang it above your trashcan, you don’t even need to use the basketball.
- Race Car Mouse-If you spend long hours on the computer, trade in your standard mouse for a sporty car. It has an ergonomic design and is compatible with MAC, PC, and Linux.
- Yoda Computer Sitter-Working hard, you are. This little Yoda bobble-head can sit on top of your monitor.
Choose a Theme
Playful office supplies can quickly turn into clutter and lower the appearance of professionalism. Balance is key. Choose a theme and stick to it, the amount of decorations and supplies should compliment the size of your workspace.
If you are a business owner, it’s important to allow your employees the flexibility to add personal touches to their workspace. Whether it is a shared office space or a private office, when an employee feels a sense of ownership in their workspace, they take more pride in their work as well. As a business owner, you know that office location and workplace environment has a critical effect on the success of a company. If you are dissatisfied with your current office situation or are looking to open a new business, partner with YourOffice, to find the right space to fit your needs. YourOffice has come alongside hundreds of businesses looking for everything from staffed flexible offices to agile office space. Your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different.