A recent article, Co-working spaces are the trend, but do more colleagues mean more problems by Lydia Dishman says that coworking office is ideal for many entrepreneurs and freelancers because of its flexible terms, professional space to see clients and confer with staff, and the ability to collaborate with other tenants.
However, despite the many benefits of coworking, listed below are some disadvantages to consider before moving in.
- Working in a coworking office space can be exhausting, particularly when noise and activity from other tenants becomes too disturbing.
- There is a possible threat of theft because of the shared space, so it’s important to secure your files and data and other belongings.
- You’re serious about your business and real things need to get done, but other entrepreneurs and freelancers who work in the shared office space may be happy-go-lucky and they are there just for fun.
- Tenants are come and go—there’s always a new class of startups and freelancers moving in.
- Negative ambiance (which is upsetting) spread throughout the common areas like the kitchen, as well as the open office space.
- Slow internet connection or internet outage is a common problem for members of a coworking community.
While you are readying your business for launch and beyond, coworking space is beneficial. However, as your business thrives, you can look for better workspace solutions to suit your growing business needs. YourOffice has come alongside hundreds of business looking for everything from staffed flexible offices to agile office space. We know your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different. Let us match the perfect space or service to fit your business needs.