A recent article, 21 Tips to Organize Your Office and Get More Done by Royale Scuderi says that a neat and organized office promotes productivity and efficiency. Nevertheless, you may think that you don’t have time to organize your office, but organizing your office space doesn’t have to consume much of your time– it can be done a little at a time.
The following tips will help you organize your office space for higher productivity.
- Look around, shred and throw away everything that you don’t need or want.
- Put the supplies and equipment you use most of the time within your reach for easy access. Things that you seldom use can be stored or put away.
- Label your cabinets, shelves, bins and drawers so you’ll be reminded where each item goes and also to help others who may need to find, use, or put away anything in your workspace.
- Use storage boxes to keep archived files and to separate them from your current file space.
- Use magazine boxes or binders to store up magazines and catalogs you really need for reference or research, otherwise recycle or discard them.
- Assign a folder for print articles and documents you want to read that are not urgent.
- Put your papers for filing in a folder “To File” and file everything at the end of each week so they won’t pile up.
- Do a quick straighten at the end of each day so you have a clean start the following day.
A well organized and well maintained workspace is vitally important to your productivity. Instead of wasting your time looking for things and shuffling piles, you’ll be able to spend your time efficiently and productively. If you are looking for workspace solutions to best suit your business needs, YourOffice offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: flexible office space, team office space and virtual office packages. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.
Any other tips to organize and maintain your office space? Let’s see your comments below. We’d also be glad to see you on Facebook and Twitter.