A recent article, 11 Questions to Answer Before Quitting Your Job to Start a Business by Kenneth Burke says that today, it’s easier to start a business than before. However, entrepreneurship is not for everyone.
Take the time to answer the following questions honestly and carefully before you quit your job and start your own business.
1. Why do you want to start a business?
If you’re just trying to flee from issues with your present job in an agile office space then starting a business will be a wrong move. Nevertheless, if you have the passion and idea, then you’re on the right path.
2. Do you have potential market?
Do some research, if there’s no one interested to buy the product, don’t try to force it!
3. Do you know how to start a business?
You need to prepare yourself before diving in. Here are a few things to consider.
- How will you acquire/create your products?
- What kind of business structure do you need?
- What are the legal requirements?
- How will you promote your brand?
- Will you need to hire an employee?
- Will you need to lease commercial office space?
- How much support will you need along the way?
- How will you support yourself/family as you start your business?
- Do you have adequate funding to start your business?
- Will you hire a mentor or learn everything on your own?
- Who will encourage you to keep going when times seem hard?
- Are you ready to handle failures/setbacks?
Do you have the courage to keep going through setback after setback? Can you handle challenges confidently? If yes, that’s awesome!
- Is the commitment your business will take worth it to you?
If you think your sacrifices will be worth it, then go ahead and start your own business.
These are some of the most important questions you need to consider to guide you in the right direction. YourOffice offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: virtual office space, meeting room access, and coworking office space. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.
Are you ready to start your business? We’d love to hear your comments. You can also visit us on Twitter and Facebook.