A recent article, 5 Common Mistakes When Networking by Royston Guest says that using networking events if done properly are invaluable to promote your small business and build relationships with like-minded individuals who can help you improve personally or professionally.
Here are significant factors to make valuable networking.
1. Be clear about your plan goals.
- What are you trying to achieve?
- Who you want to connect with?
- What are the connections you want to make?
- How are you going to connect? (If you’re attending an event in meeting space Denver, find out who will be there.)
- How much time you’re going to invest?
- What can you offer to the relationship?
- What results would you like to see?
These are some important considerations in making a meaningful networking.
2. Networking is a two-way street.
Of course you need to make yourself known/interested and what knowledge or information you can share, but be interested with the other party as well. Being sincerely interested (what’s their backstory, how did they get to this point, what drives them) makes for a two-way conversation which is the foundation of any kind of lasting beneficial relationship.
3. Reactively and proactively follow up with your contacts
Stay connected, give and share information, if you’ve promised to accomplish something, get it done and confirm when you’ve completed it. Be considerate and thoughtful and the outcome may be overwhelming.
4. Show up with your business card
Exchanging contact information digitally is impersonal so you should show up with your business card at all times. Your business card is one of the remaining physical connections you have, reminding people of you after the conversation—let’s not lose it.
Reaching out to as many people as possible is not the way to network, but networking is basically about building relationships and relationships require time, energy and commitment. Do you need meeting rooms for rent for your upcoming network events? YourOffice is a leader in providing the most prestigious fully serviced office space and meeting space for any size business. Convenient, hassle free, and move in ready- our offices, meeting rooms, and conference rooms are designed to meet your business’ every need.
How do you benefit from networking? Feel free to share your thoughts. You can also visit us on Google Plus and Twitter.