A recent article, Going Up? 5 Steps to Your Perfect Elevator Pitch by Michelle Van Slyke encourages small business owners to have their Elevator Pitch ready — this gives you the ability to communicate in a concise and persuasive way and cause others to be interested in what your business idea is.
Here are simple tips to get your pitch elevator-ready.
- Make a draft of your elevator pitch.
Here are two important things to remember when making a draft.
- In the first thirty seconds of your encounter with consumers, they don’t need to know all the details, but they need to really understand the benefits of your offerings to their lives.
- While the basic principle of this tool is to make a quick but compelling conversation with someone, that might even happen in an elevator, remember that you can use elevator pitch anywhere. You can use it at conferences and networking events in meeting space Charlotte or executive suites Charlotte. Your pitch should convincingly present your offerings and kindle further conversation.
- Clearly communicate your value proposition.
When drafting an elevator pitch, identify the issues/concerns of your target audience and have a ready solution that delivers specific benefits that make you unique from the competition.
- Say your elevator pitch aloud and time it.
The elevator pitch you have written can look short at first but can actually be lengthy as you finally rehearse it. Practice your elevator pitch until you feel confident and comfortable with it.
- Wrap up your pitch by asking for the sale.
You should always have printed marketing materials like a business card, a brochure/ flyer or product sample, present them in a professional way to leave a lasting impression and ask for their business card in return.
Always be ready to deliver your perfect elevator pitch that could lead to the next big step for your business. YourOffice has come alongside hundreds of business looking for everything from staffed flexible offices to agile office space. We know your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different. Let us match the perfect space or service to fit your business needs.
Are you ready to deliver your elevator pitch anytime and anywhere? Feel free to share your comments. You can also visit us on Google Plus and Facebook.