A recent article, How to Keep Your Computer’s Desktop Clean & Organized: 7 Helpful Tips by Carly Stec says that accumulation of files on your PC not only makes it provoking to find what you need when you need it, but it can also compromise the performance of your computer.
Below are four helpful tips to keep your desktop spick and span and staying productive.
1. Make a folder system
On a Mac
- Right-click on your desktop and chooseNew Folder from the menu.
- Right-click on it and chooseGet Info to change the folder’s name.
- Under the Name & Extensionsection you’ll find a text box where you can insert a new name.
- Right-click on your desktop and selectNew > Folder from the menu.
- Click on it, type a new name, and then pressEnter to rename the folder.
When you’ve created your folders, you can start to split up your files. How you organize your folder system will depend on your particular role in a team office space.
2. Use a desktop customization tool.
There are a couple of cool desktop customization tools available to improve the functionality of your desktop.
3. Utilize a cloud storage solution.
You may use cloud application like Dropbox that offers cloud storage and file synchronization to better manage your files. Instead of dragging everything onto your desktop, simply store it in Dropbox where you can swiftly and easily search for it whenever you need it.
4. Schedule cleaning on a regular basis.
To get rid of anything unnecessary, set a weekly or monthly event on your calendar to remind you to do desktop maintenance.
Typically, your computer desktop serves as a hub for your work-related needs, thus keeping it clean is vital for easier access and computer performance. Likewise, your office space is the center of your business functions; YourOffice can help you with choosing the right one. YourOffice offers you a wide choice of office and workspace solutions: flexible office space, team office space and virtual office packages. You’ll have access to a complete array of office support and concierge services as well as state-of-the-art business technology.
How do you manage your desktop? Let’s hear your suggestions. You can also see us on Twitter and Facebook.