A recent article, Gen Why: 3 Quick Ways to Attract and Keep Millennial Talent by Morgan Jones says that the workforce today is mostly comprised of Gen Y or, the Millennials. In fact, there are 53.5 million of them as of 2015 and this continues to increase.
Here are three ways to help you attract and retain millennial talent.
1. Focus your efforts on social media.
Nowadays, social media is an essential millennial communication tool. So in order to reach millennial talent and add to your workforce, then you must establish a social media presence on sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and CareerBuilder. Using these sites can successfully attract applicants to your company.
2. Offer flexibility (work life balance).
Flexibility is one of the key factors to attract and retain millennial workers. There are various ways to provide work flexibility, such as the following.
- Offer them flexible hours. For instance, instead of working 9 am-5 pm, offer 7 am- 4 pm or 10 am- 6 pm.
- Allow employees to frontload their work. Let them work 10 hours per day for four days instead of 8 hours each day for five days.
- Allow them to work remotely from home or in a shared office space (this could help your company cut expenses as well).
3. Provide career and professional development.
According to a survey, 65% of millennial workers said that personal career development opportunity is one of the key reasons for accepting a job offer. Therefore, it is very essential to provide them career advancement programs (e.g. you can book a meeting room at least once a month to hold a workshop/ training seminar) or you can grant them loans or support their tuition fees for their continuing professional education.
Millennial workers are significantly invading the workforce, and another way to attract fresh talent is an awesome workspace. Looking for great workspace solutions for your business in Denver? YourOffice Denver has come alongside hundreds of businesses looking for everything from Denver staffed flexible offices to Denver agile office space. We know your business is unique, and your office space shouldn’t be any different. Let us match the perfect space or service to fit your business needs.
Any other tips to attract millennial talent? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Visit us also on Twitter and Google Plus.