A recent article, 4 Steps to Ensure Your Business Meetings Aren’t Total Flops by Sarah Haselkorn says that business meetings are effective means for planning and problem solving for every organization. Efficient and productive meetings motivate the employees to create an efficient and productive company. Nonetheless, meetings can also rob your most valuable productive hours.
Here are three steps to holding productive meetings for your team.
- Determine if a meeting is necessary.
First and foremost, determine if a meeting is absolutely needed—when there is a crucial or urgent decision to make as a team or some critical issues to resolve immediately , then you can rent a meeting room and invite those individuals concerned to attend the meeting.
- Determine who needs to attend the meeting.
Invite only the necessary parties or representative of each department to attend the meeting to minimize the amount of time wasted. Likewise, the less people who attend the meeting, the easier it will be to come to a conclusion or agreement.
- Follow the standard meeting process.
- Send out a meeting agenda in advance enumerating the significant topics of the discussion and who will be in charge for particular updates. Also, ensure to send advance questions to think about so that during the meeting, attendees have a well considered view in the decision-making process.
- Stick to the agenda, create action items, delegate projects/tasks with deadlines, schedule follow-up either meeting or time for owner to send out wrap-up information.
- Recap and summarize the significant, short-term and long-term items, with owners assigned to each.
Following these three steps can help you hold successful meetings that will keep your team happy, focused, and productive. If you’re looking for a venue for your meeting, YourOffice is a leader in providing the most prestigious fully serviced office space and meeting space for any size business. Convenient, hassle free, and move in ready- our offices, meeting rooms, and conference rooms are designed to meet your business’ every need.